I admit I was one of those people who couldn’t care less for scented candles, even more so for expensive fancy ones. It’s like “Why would I pay (more) for something that I can only sniff and then burns away fast?” That’s basically Waisting Money 101 🙂
Till’ one very very cold winter afternoon, I found myself taking shelter in a store where I never cared to drop by because like all of you, my first reaction to a Yankee Candle store is “What’s in there? oh that? scented candless? hmmm…expensive…nevermind…”
Since I found myself cold and shivering inside the Yankee Candle store and I wanted to kill time, so I thought “why not look around?” From then on, the rest was history.
A few sniff, here and there and boom! I was saturated! aromatherapy for 1 second and I was in a complete sense of smell-f*ck. Ya know what I’m saying? 🙂
The prices for big jars can be a put-off, yes that can be expensive, but thank god for samplers. Here’s part 1:
1. Christmas At The Beach – This one of my most favorite scent, I guess because the scent is really strong. It’s like a delicious sugary sweet pineapple that fills the room and lasts really long. I believe this was a Christmas edition. So it may be hard to find nowadays.
2. Kitchen Spice – This is the one I really keep on my kitchen. It has a warm cinnamon pumpkin spice scent that’s ideal for winter. Love this for cozy cold mornings.
3. Juicy Peach – This one is a very very sweet almost orange-like but actually peach scent. Very fruity and smells delicious and fresh.
4. Fruit Fusion – I also love this scent, so much so that as you can see in the picture, the votive sampler has been very used, abused and overused, lol. I like that is has an orange-berry mixed scent, thus the name “Fruit Fusion”.
5. Beach Walk – This is a lovely mild scent of sea musk, hint of orange and the sea? yes, you read that right! It’s fresh and light, light a walk in the beach. Go and smell the (roses) sea.
6. Midsummer’s Night – Smells like men’s perfume. A heavy musk made for the vavavooooms out there, yeah….guys! if you like scented candles, grab this. Gals, this would be a great gift for your bae. 🙂 Not bad for women too, try the sampler first.
7. Mountain Lodge – Sage, sage, and more sage! with cedarwood, If you have Yankee Candles’ Treehouse Memories, this one is not that different. This has a warm, cozy yet light scent to it. Very relaxing and very comforting. It doesn’t permeate well around the house, but it has an easy feel scent to it. Love.
So now that you have your candle, don’t forget your votive holders too! they’re cute and useful. Some of the candles mentioned might still be available at their yankee candle website, but if they’re not available anymore, try at amazon.com
Christmas at the beach