Hey friends! it’s time for another Sephora Play! Box contents and review! But before that, checkout last month’s contents HERE. This month’s theme is “Best In Glow.” Yep, as you can imagine, it’s all about being lit from within. However, my first impression was quite surprising because I expected some highlighters and more strobing products. What I received were basic illuminating products that can help you look quite illuminated, while some of them were something I already have or had already tried.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold – Already have this, reviewed HERE.
- Cover FX Illuminating Primer – Silicone-free and has light-reflecting minerals. Meant to improve skin’s clarity after regular usage, this primer indeed makes your skin glowy and not dull. I really like it because it’s so timely for nowaday’s dropping temperature. It’s very similar to Laura Mercier Radiance Primer.
- The Estee Edit By Estee Lauder, Dissolve The Drama – A makeup remover that can double as oil cleanser. Just put a small amount on your face when you’re ready to take off the drama, (I mean your dramatic and fabulous makeup) then add a bit of H2O (water) then it’ll transform into a slightly milkish foam and voila! you’re ready to go and wash the show away. Somehow, this reminds of the popular Clinique Take The Day Off.
- Stella McCartney Pop Perfume – With sandalwood, green mandarin and violet leaf. This beautiful floral and woody scent is long lasting and pleasing to the senses. I love that it’s not overpowering but has a slight musky note to it. It’s casual and feminine yet a bit edgy. Definitely not boring.
- Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink – If you like super-lacquered and highly glossy lips, this one won’t disappoint for sure. It’s super shiny and has a good applicator. It’s also very long lasting but not necessarily very pigmented. It’s definitely more of a lip gloss than a staining lipstick.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment – Have had this before, and it’s really a good quality mud mask, which is how Glamglow became famous for. It works really well specially if your skin is oily and has a soothing effect post application.
Verdict: I’m not saying that I’m disappointed about my box’s contents this month, but I’m not really crazy about it either. I wish there were more truly glowy products, but hey these aren’t bad for starters.
Alrighty boys and gurlz, stay tune for the next review.
Meanwhile, pls follow moi in instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff
Happy Cyber Monday to you all!