Hey there beauty junkies! I finally received my first ever Sephora Play Box and it’s for this month of September. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on this box as it used to be the case that this was a first come first serve basis in terms of subscription, and I thought that I was really late in the priority. But to my surprised, this monthly subscription box is now available for everyone without the waiting list. Thank God.
Apart from the box being available for everyone nowadays, I like that Sephora added some questions to answer during the subscription process in order to tailor or match the products being sent to you. I was so curious as to how the contents are gonna be compared to other monthly beauty subscription boxes.
Here’s what I got:
- Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer: Very interesting moisturizer. First, it comes of as a primer texture, like the textures in Smashbox Primers, but once applied on the skin, it transforms into tiny droplets of water and gets absorbed immediately. It also has hint of cucumber scent. It’s definitely a great lightweight moisturizer.
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: I already have this in my stash, and is still currently using this, specially after using Anastasia Brow Definer. I like that it’s clear and it holds my eyebrows in place.
- Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte Perfume: Oh my, fresh citrusy lemony scent. I love this scent because with just a whiff of this, it seems like summer never ends. But truth is, winter is coming. ugh!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper: This is definitely going to be my next eyeliner holy grail. I just love its thin and precise tip which is ideal for cat-eye application. This also reminds me of Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Overnight Perfector: Smells exactly like the popular Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream which I happen to have and also love. This particular product is also a leave-on type and is meant to be applied at night. You’re supposed to leave this on your hair overnight with benefits that will last through 5 shampoos. But for me, it’s good enough that it tames my frizz the very next day.
- Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in N 14 Love Spell: Swatched below, this is a cute light pink shade of lipstick that has a shiny texture. It also has a slight strawberry scent. It lasts about 3-4 hours on me. Awesome for such a shiny and hydrating lipstick.
I really like this first Sephora Play Box that I got. The contents are all something I’d definitely see myself using and will probably be repurchasing in their larger sizes. Compared to other monthly beauty subscription box, I think I prefer Sephora’s Play more, plus I love the sizes of the products they sent me.
Products Liked: All of them, specially Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte, Dr. Jart+ Water Drop and Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
Have you received your Sephora Play box already? What’s in it?
Stay tune in my instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff