Thanksgiving is almost here! I just love Holiday seasons, not only for the festivities, but also because it’s one of the best time of the year to prep yourself for dinners and gatherings. I dunno about y’all, but I like to take extra lippies for touchups after gobbling that gigantic turkey, LOL! We all do, right? Guess what, my favorite lippies nowadays are from none other than the affordable yet reliable Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipsticks.
Remember my review of their Ultra Matte Lipsticks? (found HERE.) Well, I wouldn’t say that I was really in love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip because the formulation was too drying and the colors I’ve tried turned out to be too pigmented and quite dull. But guess what, their Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips are very interesting, in fact, the formulation is nothing short of amazing. I love how creamy and non-drying they are unlike the Ultra Mattes. They do transfer quite a lot but somehow the formula stays in place and it stays for quite a long time.There’s no discernible scent and the colors are really really pretty. What I love most about the lippies is that they give a full-lip effect on the lips because they’re so creamy and slightly thick in consistency. They do take a couple more minutes to settle on your lips but they are quite staining even though a lot less than the Colourpop Ultra Mattes.
- Baracuda: Warm Deepened Rose. This shade can take you from day to night and it’ll work on any skin tone.
- Frick N’ Frack: Rosy Terracotta. Reminds me of Kat Von D Lolita II. Gorgeous and wearable terracotta shade.
- Calypso: Mid-tone Pinky Nude. The perfect mid shade and my most favorite of them all. There’s something about this shade that makes it so wearable. Perhaps it’s the right mix of nude pinky-brown. Like your lips but bettah!
- Echo Park: Warm Peachy Nude. A bestseller and truly everyone’s favorite. A great nude for all skin tone.
- Dopey: Dusty Mauve. The perfect mauve shade for those who wants to enhance their naturally pigmented lips.
Favorites: ALL OF THEM! specially Calypso, Frick N’ Frack and Baracuda.
I didn’t really expect to like the Ultra Satin Lippies from Colourpop at all. But all it took was one swipe to change my mind. Now, I am absolutely in love with it, and for its price point, it definitely won’t break the bank. So you guys should really give this a try. Oh wait, what? you already did. I know…
Happy Thanksgiving All!
Follow me in instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff