Whaddup Guys! Here’s another set of samples I’ve been playing and a lot of them are really interesting products to note. If you’re on the market for some new moisturizers, velvety lipsticks, a new signature scent, or even another mask, you may wanna read this.
1. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter Unscented (1.7 oz: $40) – This is a good hydrating cream for those who suffer from dry skin. It also feels weightless and very softening. Has a bit of a milky texture, and it gets absorbed by the skin easily. I love that it doesn’t leave any film after a few hours of application and it also feels non-greasy. The unscented one has a bit of silicon-ish scent, but I’ve sniffed the Juicy Mango scent before and it was good.
2. Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream (1 oz: $75, 2 oz: $112) – I’ve tried this before and it’s one of the best moisturizing cream I’ve ever tried. You may or may not like the scent, but I love it. It’s kinda like vanilla milkshake and it feels really good once applied on the skin. It has a whipped and creamy texture but it’s not oily. It’s rich and very smoothing. So ideal when you have dry patches around the face as this will deliver intense hydration. A little bit goes a long way.
3. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment (0.35 oz: $38) – Such a perfect thick consistency for an eye cream. I love that it really hydrates the thin skin around the eyes that are prone to dryness. Very rich and also very moisturizing, but it doesn’t pill. It also doesn’t irritate the eyes and has a firming effect. It’s easily spreadable, non-greasy and I love the hint of maracuja or passion fruit scent.
4. Giorgio Armani Beauty Fluid Sheer in No. 7 Radiant Finish (Travel Size/0.6 oz: $40, 1 oz: $62) – This really goes on sheer but it has very tiny flecks of pink shimmers that is reminiscent of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. This feels like a strobe cream that adds definition to the face, which I really really love because I can’t seem to wear mattifying foundations well without looking flat. This is great to add with your foundation to achieve that natural dewy finish, or it can be used as a highlighter, blush or even as a bronzer using the darker shades.
5. Sephora Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying (1 oz: $12, 2.03 oz: $20) – This is a fast drying mud mask with zinc and copper that resembles a bit like Glamglow Supermud. But this one has tiny clumps that would make the application a bit challenging. Though it didn’t really bother me as the mask is pretty much easy to wash out. This mask dries into a blue-green color and it has a pretty strong orange peel scent, which I kind of like, but some may find it to be too strong. The thing I like about this is the way it felt on my skin after rinsing it off. It is truly mattifying and it deeply cleanses into my pores. On top of that, this mask is also affordable.
6. Kat Von D
–Saint Eau de Parfum (Travel size/0.34 oz: $22, 1.7 oz: $65, 3.4 oz: $85) – This has a floral scent that’s slightly sweet but also very fresh. You could sense a hint of musky jasmine and a bit of sweet vanilla. This smells light and very summer-like. It’s also long lasting and quite irresistible.
–Sinner Eau de Parfum (Travel size/0.34 oz: $22, 1.7 oz: $65, 3.4 oz: $85) – A more intense version of Saint. It’s woody, earthy, and spicy, but not heady. It’s very long lasting and it’s an ideal scent for Fall or Winter. It has a warm and sultry vibe kind of scent that is unique and seductive.
Note: Both scents remind me of a blend of Estee Lauder and Marc Jacobs perfumes, which are the ones I still use alternately nowadays. Of the two KVD scents, I kinda love the Saint fragrance more because it’s a bit lighter and fresher, and its dry down is still irresistible, though I really like Sinner at the first few spritzes. Overall, they’re quite similar to each other, but they’re just at different intensities.
7. Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate (1 oz: $89, 1.6 oz: $122) – This is a 2-in-1 anti-aging serum that combines the oil & water soluble antioxidants to deliver a radiant smooth skin in just seven days, as per Clarins. While I love that it really moisturizes the skin with its thick oily feel, I saw that my face broke out a bit the next day after using this. Too bad, because I love its slightly powdery-sweet scent and it’s still a lightweight serum that has a plumping effect. Somehow, this made my face soft and moisturized, but this may not be for me.
8. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium-Deep Matte Bronzer (Travel size/0.14 oz: $15, 0.35 oz: $30) – Smells like chocolate milkshake, so delish you could almost eat it. LOL. This goes on as very light and not as well-pigmented especially at first swipe, but it’s pretty much buildable somehow. I use it for contouring and for bronzing at times. I find that with my light to medium skin tone, I would have to really layer this a lot in order to achieve a more contoured effect on the face. The medium to deep shade is more like for lighter complexions than the medium warm ones.
9. Becca Ultimate Coverage Foundation (1.01 oz: $44) – This is supposed to be a full coverage weightless foundation that has the right balance of water and pigments in order to achieve a flawless good coverage without caking. Unfortunately, this was really hard to blend and a little too thick for me. It does seem to cake around and also quite drying, similar to a thick concealer.
10. Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Devotion (0.12 oz: $28) – A perfect dusty rose shade that really has a velvety finish. It goes on like a cream but the effect is satiny matte without drying the lips. I love how well-pigmented this lipstick is, and it lasts even after eating. Most importantly, it feels like nothing on your lips.
11. Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Audrey (0.14 oz: $28) – Described as a neutral red, this has the right texture for a full-coverage lipstick that’s not too creamy and not too matte, with very good color payoff. I like that it feels creamy but it’s not like it’s melting on your lips. It’s also pretty long lasting and lightweight.
Final words, I had a lot of fun trying these products and there’s a lot of them that I really like, but if I have to choose a few that really stood out for me, it would be the; Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream, Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment, Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer, Sephora Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying, Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour & LM Creme Smooth Lip Colour.
Have you tried these? Which ones are you gonna try?
Follow on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff