What’s Up Folks? Thank goodness it’s already Friday! a time to chill and hopefully enjoy the weekend. But wait, lemme just share you my tiny collection of MAC lip pencils or lip liners. There was once a time when I was so obsessed with MAC lip pencils because I was really in love with their wearable and easy to match shades, and my love for these lip pencils were ignited even more when the Kylie lip phenomenon came and the rest of the Kardashian makeup trend. These MAC lip pencils looked really good on them, but the best thing about these lip liners are their creaminess, good color payoff, long lasting, and a few of their shades are also available in lipstick form so you can pair them easily.
I really like all the shades of my MAC lip pencils since they’re extremely wearable and I admit that sometimes I use them as a lipstick or underneath a lipstick if I needed a lasting and reliable pigment on my lips, specially at the end of the day. These MAC lip pencils have never failed me and I continue to adore them even up to this day. Plus, they’re also affordable and they come in an array of different shades.
FYI: I would love to swatch them on my lips as a lipstick but it’s kinda tricky and tedious to apply them. Also, these are meant to be lip liners, so I suggest you guys should buy the lipstick counterpart of a few of these lip pencils, just to have both lip products to use and for that uniform lip color.
- Half-Red – Soft Burgundy. Comes off as a matte brown-red for me.
- Subculture – Underground Pink. A great pair to any nude lip color.
- Whirl – Dirty Rose. Rumored to be Kylie J’s lip color. (Though she has her own line of lip products.) Also comes in lipstick form.
- Spice – Pink Cinnamon Stick. Another Kylie J’s shade. It really has a warm cinnamon tone to it.
- Boldly Bare – Dirty Red Brown. Great warm-nude shade for medium skin tones.
- Soar – Mid-tone Pinkish Brown. Also rumored to be Kylie’s lip shade and one of my most favorite MAC lip pencil colors, the other one being Whirl.
- Stripdown – Creamy Brown-Beige. Kim K’s fave. It appears to be quite a medium-brown shade on me.
As a summary, my top shades are (though I like them all) : Spice, Soar, Boldly Bare, and Whirl.
Don’t forget to follow me on instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff