Hi everyone, last year, I took a very short trip to Chicago for a little R&R plus some important business/errand thing to do. I love Chicago even if I haven’t really explored the city that well, but I like the whole vibe of just being there. The city’s energy and the fast pace of life are just really exciting. I’ve been to the windy city several times before, but whenever I’m around, I always make it a point to visit Michigan Avenue. It’s always nice to see some mid to high-end shopping stores that you may not get in your local hometown, plus there are lots of restaurants to try, museums, and hotels to stay in, not to mention the beauty and vibrance of just strolling along Michigan Avenue and Chicago River. Lots of people, lots of busy friendly faces.
Speaking of the hotel, this time I stayed at The Langham Chicago. This hotel is Gorgeous with a capital G. LOL. It’s elegant, clean, stylish, and just simply pretty. It’s one of the best hotels I’ve ever been in terms of design, room, space, service, accessibility, and location. I noticed that the hotel has an affinity for something pink. From the lobby down to my room, I saw accents of pastel pinks or what they call Langham Pink all over. Imagine the excitement of seeing beautiful pink roses in round vases, pink tablecloths, pink ribbons, pink hangers and there’s even a pink vintage taxi parked outside the hotel which is so cute. I also love that the hotel has a sleek design but it doesn’t look or feel uppity. Instead, it makes it look cozy and comfy while being posh at the same time. Their customer service is superb and you can feel like your needs are being assisted and addressed in a timely manner.
My room had a really nice view in which I could see the Chicago River, a few skyrises, and the impressive 19-story spiral ramped Marina City parking garage. It’s also very clean and the bed is super comfy. The bathroom is really nice with marble countertops and glass doors. The wall close to the bathtub which adjoins the bedroom can be adjusted to make it opaque or transparent so that you could see the bed on the other side. This is probably to let in more light or to see the view on the other side. There’s also a convenient little vanity area close to the dresser which is nice because I could put all my makeup in there and get ready for the day easily.
Most of the skincare and beauty products I took with me are travel sizes or sample sizes that are only good for a few days. I pretty much took one pouch for stuff I mostly need and would reach for during the trip, I keep this pouch with me at all times, whether I’m on the plane or out and about. What’s inside this pouch is just a bunch of little stuff like a small hand cream, a favorite travel-size scent, a tiny face mist, etc.
- Tory Burch Robinson Small Makeup Bag in Pink
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper – reviewed HERE
- Japonesque Go Curl Eyelash Curler (Pink)
- L’occitane Mini Shea Butter Hand Cream
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water Mini
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Mini
- Burberry My Burberry Blush Rollerball
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Berry – swatches HERE and HERE
- Sample of Tom Ford Sole di Positano Eau de Parfum – reviewed HERE
I also have a glossier pouch/zip bag for my skincare stuff.
- Tarte Frxxxtion Stick Exfoliating Cleanser (sample size)
- Chanel Le Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream (sample size)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme (sample size)
- Estee Lauder DayWear Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant 24H-Moisture Creme Broad Spectrum Spf 15 (Mini)
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage (Mini)
- SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion (Mini) – reviewed HERE
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil Mini – seen HERE
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer Untinted Spf 45 (Mini)
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Mini)
- Beauty Blender Liquid Blendercleanser (sample size)
- Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment
- Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- Glossier Reusable Pink Bubble Pouch – read HERE
Then, I also have a third pouch for my basic makeup needs. I try not to wear a lot of makeup on my trips, especially whenever I plan to walk a lot or in instances where I could sweat a lot. I just like to keep it light, fresh, and somewhat natural. The ones I carried with me this time are just things that are fast and easy to use like a beauty blender (not pictured here) and its cleanser, an eyeshadow brush (also not pictured), a small highlighter, a pigmented lightweight eyeshadow palette with enough shades to choose from, and a travel flat iron. I also packed a No Frizz Living Proof Shampoo and Conditioner minis with me, but I think I ended up using the ones provided by the hotel because I got lazy scavenging for my own stuff, and the hotel ones really smelled good.
- BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron (1 inch)
- Benefit Erase Paste Mini Concealer (discontinued, now it’s called Boi-ing Brightening Concealer)
- Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer Mini
- MAC Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare – reviewed HERE
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (Mini)
- Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Glambition – swatched HERE
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard – reviewed HERE
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet – seen HERE
- Tarte Lip Facial Lip Scrub – also reviewed HERE
- Cover Fx Illuminating Primer (sample size)
- Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter (Mini)
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon in (Brown)ie 43 – reviewed HERE
I took a stroll along Chicago River and took a few snaps. I then continued my stroll towards Ulta and Sephora (of course) and just did some window shopping. I really didn’t get much during my short stay in the windy city. I know I went to Nordstrom and purchased two new matte liquid lipsticks from Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips in Show Girl and Dangerous Liaison (reviewed and swatched HERE). Adjacent to Nordstrom is The Shops at North Bridge where I went to buy caramel-filled bonbons at Vosges Haut-Chocolat. From there I decided to go to The Water Tower Place and had a snack at Wow Bao, then I continued my stroll and eventually decided to go back to the hotel after my feet got so tired. Right before going back, I decided to drop by at Neiman to drool at handbags and more makeups, lol. I was just there to daydream and imagine really. There were some other stores/shops I wanted to visit. There’s Saks and Burberry has a nice building right there, but I was too haggard already. So off I went and had a nice relaxing evening at the pink-loving hotel. I wish I stayed longer, it’s been a nice short trip but it’s worth it. Surely when I come back I already know where to stay.
What are your favorite spots in Chicago?
For more of RAOS, follow on IG: @reviewsandotherstuff