Namaste! This month’s Sephora Play contains products that address your summer needs. Sephora calls it the “Summer Starters”. It’s all about reinforcing your makeup to keep it longer in this warming temps while keeping your look fresh as always.
Here they are:
1. Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette (0.34 oz/Travel Size: $25, 1.3 oz: $66, 2.2 oz $82) – Similar to Omnia Coral but way fresher. It has notes of bamboo and lotus, while it dries down into slightly woody, but still very floral fresh. This scent lasts a long time and it’s not boring.
2. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer (0.25 oz/Mini: $12, 0.75 oz $31) – Always been in love with this primer, together with Smashbox Photofinish Classic Primer. I love this because it truly blurs your pores and other imperfections as what it promises. It’s also very lightweight and without the strong silicon feel. It’s great for oily skin and I love the light powdery scent.
3. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick (0.22 oz: $20) – Mauve Nude. The texture is just like any other KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks which is matte and very long lasting, reviewed further HERE. But this shade is not really my cup of tea. It’s a little too bright of a pink for me.
4. Coola Makeup Setting Spray Spf 30 (1.7 oz: &36) – Seems like a really promising product, but it hurts the eyes and it irritates the nose upon spraying it on the face. The scent is like a strong isopropyl alcohol and the spray does not release a fine mist. It does make your makeup stay long enough though.
5. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (1 oz: $10, 3.2 oz: $20) – An Allure Best of Beauty 2016 winner, this is a well-made dry shampoo and one of the best I’ve ever tried. It has a very light lemon/perfume scent and it doesn’t leave any powdery residue on the hair. On top of that, it doesn’t weigh the hair down, instead, it adds a slight volume.
6. Verb Sea Spray (2.4 oz: $7, 6.3 oz: $14) – With quinoa protein and tea extract, this is a lightweight non-sticky hairspray or hair mist. It’s great for creating that airy windblown hair or even creating some very light soft curls. I think this is best when you want to create that Melania hair, a little windswept on the sides, here and there.
So far, my favorites from this month’s box subscription are; Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette, Verb Sea Spray, and the Klorane Dry Shampoo, despite my lack of enthusiasm about this month’s products. I think Sephora could’ve sent better products or something new or unique. Oh well, next time perhaps.
What did you get for this month’s Sephora Play? Did you like yours?
Until then friends,
Follow on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff