How are you all? This post is all about a summary of my short NYC trip a couple of days ago. What I wore, what I shopped, where I stayed, what I visited etc… is all gonna be right here. It was a fun short trip that was fulfilling. New York is always a beauty to behold. In fact, it’s one of my favorite city, if not the most. Something about NYC’s energy that makes you wanna enjoy it even more.
So, when I was in NYC, I stayed at the hotel called The Lucerne. Reviewed HERE. It’s a convenient hotel located to a lot of stuff around New York. It’s so close to Central Park and to a lot of museums and shopping areas around.
When I arrived there, it was just the beginning of fall, so the weather was still temperate, sunny yet slightly chilly. A lot of people wore light sweaters or even t-shirts. As for my part, I knew I was gonna do a lot of walking while doing a bit of shopping, so I decided to look semi-casual. I also like muted colors when the Autumn season starts.
- Banana Republic Blazer: Similar to this. Since I was going for a semi-casual look, I opted for a slightly formal-looking blazer instead of a normal sweater to go around visiting some stores in NYC, especially the ones located at Fifth Avenue or Madison Avenue.
- Chanel Boy: Reviewed HERE. A really handy and edgy yet classic bag that can be worn as shoulder bag or crossbody. It adds major style to your outfit while being so easy to pack.
- Banana Republic Silk Blouse: Similar to this. As you can tell, I love Banana Republic clothes, they just suit my age and my style. This blouse is great for layering, especially when you need something lightweight and airy for when you’re gonna be doing a lot of walking.
- J Brand Alana Crop Jeans: Oh… my favorite high-waisted jeans. These are high-waisted but not to the extreme that it’ll look like mom-jeans. It gives such a good support around the waist to prevent muffin tops while traveling or strolling. You can bend, sit or run around with this and it won’t let you down.
- $9.99 Cat-eye sunglasses: Cheap and beautiful. Found this sunnies at Amazon and it looks like a Celine-dupe cat-eye sunglasses for much much less. It’s also very durable as I’ve smashed this several times due to my carelessness and it still looks fine. It was still sunny in NYC, so I brought this. Who says you can’t mix high-ends with low-ends? It’s not really what it says, it’s how it looks, right?
- Nike Roshe Run Sneakers: These shoes are really comfortable and sleek. I could probably walk around the entire NYC with these. It’s great for people with wide feet as well. On top of that, it feels like you’re just wearing socks. LOL.
Now let’s move on to makeup. When I’m on short trips like this, I tend to not pack a lot. I only pack the basic stuff because I like to have extra space on my carry-on and I really don’t wanna be overwhelmed with the amount of makeup I had to choose for my eyes, lips, etc.. since I usually won’t have the time for that. I stick to products that are travel-sized and that I considered “reliable.” For this trip, I didn’t carry any contouring product, instead, I opted for strobing. Oooh, snap! 🙂
- BaBylissPro Nano Titanium Mini Travel Iron: Great travel iron to tame the frizz or flyaways. It’s heats up really fast within seconds.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua: I needed something more moisturizing than my regular matte foundation, so this would be a great option for when the weather starts to cool down, in order to prevent that dreaded face dryness. Reviewed HERE.
- Makeup Travel Pouch: Got this from CVS and it’s really cheap. It keep all your makeups together plus there’s space for more.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color: Convenient, well-pigmented, long-wearing and it makes your eyes beautiful. Reviewed HERE.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Oil Free: Great for someone with oily skin and it holds your makeup well. Primers do work. Period. 🙂
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner: Reviewed HERE. I recently talked about this and wanted to test this eyeliner for this trip. Well, good news, this is already in my holy grail list. I love how blendable this is, plus it won’t budge.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: A reliable eye primer to hold your eyeshadow for hours and hours.
- Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter: Great for strobing and to create a nice highlight for your face. Reviewed HERE.
- Brushes: Mac 217 Blending Brush and Sephora Smudger Brush: These two are great for blending your eyeshadow and eyeliner.
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer: Wearable concealer that covers blemishes without making you look cakey.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer: Moisturizing lip primer that’s great for chilly season. Reviewed HERE.
- Anastasia Brow Definer: Easy to use and creates well-shaped brows. Read more HERE.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in #66 Bois de Rose: Gorgeous shade that’s also long wearing. Swatches HERE.
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil In Stick #48 Smoking Plum: Highly pigmented and leaves lips stained for hours. Reviewed HERE.
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Matte Lipstick: Swatches are HERE. Long-wearing and lightweight with great wearable colors.
I only stayed a few days in NYC, so I decided to finally visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art. More photos HERE. It’s such a great museum, lots of things to see and indeed lots of things to learn. I spent a lot of time here and yet it I’ve never really seen everything. Would definitely be coming back soon. I recommend this place for anyone of you planning to visit NYC soon.
A visit to NYC would not be complete without a nice stroll at Central Park. This park is beautiful, even though there’s a lot of people around. It’s so wide and there are nice areas to sit and unwind or stroll around with nature in the background. The views are never the same. Sometimes you’d catch a glimpse of Manhattan peeking nearby, sometimes you’d see fields, statues, horses, lakes etc. One thing is for sure, this park is far from boring.
Also, when you’re in NYC, take advantage of shopping at some stores that may not be available in your area. It’s a fun way to end your short NY adventure.
Lastly, when you’re in NYC, don’t forget to drop by at Laduree. I always do. This time I went again to the Madison Avenue location, even though I didn’t have a very good experience the last time I was there. But when I saw that they had a different attendant, oh well… I couldn’t resist and went in to order some delicious macarons. Hmmm… some things in life never change.
Anyways you guys, this is getting too long. I had a really nice time with my short NYC sojourn. I hope to come back soon. Thanks for reading this verbal disorientation. But that’s it for me and my NYC trip. Until next time…
I hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Pumpkin Time!