There’s only 8 days left until it’s officially Summer! but the heat is already sweltering and the temperature continues to rise. Brace yourself because it’s gonna be a hot hot summah! What better way to cool down a bit is to chill with a homemade ice cream using Cuisinart’s easy to use ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker. Now you can create any ice cream flavor of your choice with this practical and time-saving appliance. It allows you to pick and choose the ingredients and to reduce calories that you normally won’t be able to control or know in most store-bought ice creams. Isn’t that awesome?
This Cuisinart ICE-70 is one of my favorite kitchen appliances and I always handle it with care. It’s very easy to use and it only takes a couple of minutes of your time (maximum of 60 minutes), which can be adjusted using the arrow keys. It has a countdown timer and it shuts off automatically. It also has a detachable frozen bowl that is not that heavy and needs to be frozen for at least overnight.
This can create amazing and tasty ice creams for 25 minutes, sorbets (40 mins), and gelatos (30) with just a press of a button. Easy Peasy. Also, the machine is not that noisy and it can make a substantial 2 quarts or equivalent to 4 pints of frozen goodies.
Here’s the recipe of my simple and quick Homemade Cookies N’ Cream with Marshmallow Ice Cream using the Cuisinart ICE-70. This recipe is very easy to do and it makes about 2 pints of this delicious and light ice cream.
2 cups either Fat-Free Milk or 2% Reduced-Fat Milk
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 Cup Sugar or Natural Sweeter like Truvia Baking Blend.
10 pieces Oreo Cookies, crushed.
1 cup small Marshmallows.
- Make sure the frozen bowl has been frozen overnight and place it into the machine.
- Plug In your Cuisinart ICE-70 and press the Ice Cream button.
- Pour the 2 cups fat-free or 2% milk.
4. Followed by the 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
5. Press the Start button. Notice the machine’s frozen bowl will start to whirl.
6.You may add some Oreos and Marshmallows preliminary. Take note that this will change the color of your milk and whipping cream mixture into something slightly grayish like a cement. LOL. (Just like mine in the picture). If you don’t like that, then you can add the cookies and marshmallow later when there’s about 3 minutes left.
7. Observe for 10 minutes. Notice the mixture getting thicker and thicker.
8. Add the 1/4 cup sugar. If you want it to be even sweeter, try making it into 1/2 cup.
9. Add the rest of the Oreos and Marshmallows when there’s 3 minutes left.
10. Enjoy! You can serve it now or freeze it for later.
Note: If you want the ice cream to be even thicker and creamier, you can add more heaving whipping cream, which will further increase the calories.
The Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker is available in Crate & Barrel, JCPenney, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams-Sonoma, and Amazon.com
Happy Summer Guys!
Follow on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff