Aloha, I’m blogging live from a beautiful island here in the middle of the Pacific, sipping piña colada while working on my tan – I wish. I am just kidding y’all. But ya know what I mean. I’m having a vacation state of mind, lol. Aren’t we all? Where will you go post-COVID?
I hope today’s review will inspire you to take a vacation somewhere warm and sunny when all this pandemic nightmare is over. But before you take that dream vacay, be sure to have a fabulous strong hair — the type that can withstand fluctuating temperature, humidity, and strong wind.
Enter Kérastase Genesis. My favorite haircare line for hair strengthening and reducing hair fall. If your hair is the type that becomes brittle due to extreme temperature such as this Winter, or you simply experience hair fall from brushing, then take a closer look at the promising hair-strengthening products from Kérastase.
The Kérastase haircare line fortifies and strengthens hair with different nourishing ingredients. It has ginger root to stimulate hair growth, edelweiss native cells for anti-aging, and arginine as amino acid to strengthen the hair. Additionally, the line has caffeine which also increases hair follicles and stops hair loss.
The Kérastase Genesis line comes in lovely pink packaging and opens to a lemon scent as the top note. The dry down is quite musky, which may take some getting used to for some.
Genesis Strengthening Shampoo for Normal to Oily Hair – Has a gel consistency that feels very light. It lathers very well and will not dry the hair. It is indeed an ideal shampoo for those whose hair strands tend to get oily quickly.
Genesis Strengthening Conditioner – Not too thick and not too watery. It is very creamy and easy to spread. You will only need a bit, and it’s enough to condition the hair.
Genesis Strengthening Serum for Hair and Scalp – One of the few hair serums I really like because the product doesn’t only fortify my hair, it also reduces the frizz. Therefore, making my hair even more manageable, even the next day. Tip: apply when your hair is still damp.
Genesis Strengthening Hair Mask – Best to use once or twice a week only. The consistency feels like the Genesis conditioner but even thicker and denser. So, you only need a little bit of the product on your hair.
Genesis Strengthening Blow Dry Primer – Perfect when you subject your hair to constant heating and styling. Nowadays, since our lives mostly exist in virtual reality, I don’t reach for this often. The Genesis Serum is what I tend to use more.
So, what’s the overall result of the Kérastase Genesis line on my hair? Well, prior to using the products, I’ve had some hair breakage and hair fall, which made my hair look pretty thin. Now, I’m happy to report that there is a significant 50-60% improvement. However, the result will take some time. Probably about a month or a month and a half. My hair does look a lot thicker and stronger than before. Therefore, I recommend the Kérastase Genesis haircare line. Additionally, I have a few tips to reduce hair breakage and hair fall:
- Don’t comb/brush your hair while still wet or damp.
- Use a wide-tooth comb when brushing. Yeah, I know they’re not the most attractive hair combs in the world, but trust me (your long-lost dearest aunt :D), it’s going to help your hair in the long run.
- Be gentle to your hair, do not tie it always, unless you’re working out.
- Be very careful with scrunchies. They can dent your hair strands.
- Keep your hair nourished with hair strengthening products, such as serums, leave-ons, and hair masks.
- Go easy on hair coloring and hair strengthening products. Keep it au-naturel.
- If your hair is long, be careful when you sit on a chair. Don’t rub it at the back of your chair t (if your chair has a backrest). This might cause friction or dent your hair strands.
- Pull your hair up towards the headboard when you’re sleeping.
- Do not massage your scalp too much when showering.
- Take your vitamins (be it hair vitamins), get some sleep, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Lastly, love your hair. Whether curly, straight, thick, thin, oily, or dry. It’s your crowning glory. It’s what makes you unique and beautiful.
Okie Dokie? Ciao ciao darlings!
SHOP THIS POST