Hiya Everybody! Let’s talk about some samples today. I know we all love samples and you must have some in your stash right now. Don’t cha just love them? It’s so nice to try something in a miniature size before finally pulling the trigger to purchase the real deal. Most makeups or beauty products nowadays can cost quite a lot, and it’s really better to try them first to see if they’re worth the dollah. Speaking of samples, today, I have a few samples to share with you since I really like them a lot and had been testing them recently. These are the samples I usually obtain from Sephora Rewards Bazaar, or from other stores that gave free samples as part of your purchase.
Let’s take a look:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – A makeup primer spray and a makeup setting spray at the same time. What an interesting blend this hybrid spray does. It’s devoid of any scent and doesn’t seem to cause any allergies or break out. At least my skin did not. I tried this as a primer, but it didn’t seem to work very well. In fact, I didn’t notice anything at all. It was as if I didn’t use any primer on my face. I found myself still using the original Smashbox Primer to prep my face prior to my foundation. As a setting spray, I thought this was just ok. Didn’t see much difference. However, as an everyday spray to hydrate and refresh the face, I find that this particular product works really well. It’s also great for oily skin because it’s non-sticky, lightweight and makes your face look slightly dewy. Comes in two sizes: 1 oz for $16 and 3.9 oz for $32.
- Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel Oil-Free – A lightweight gel moisturizer that smells like a light floral perfume. I love how it gets absorbed by my skin so easily and my face felt supple after using it. It seems to keep my skin moisturize even after several hours and had calmed down some redness around my cheeks. I even love how cute and practical the container is, because it has a tiny mirror on top, ideal for quick touchups. The only downside is the price. The regular 1.7 oz size costs $100.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight – Got this from Sephora rewards bazaar. I was surprised by the size of this sample. I thought it looked more like a full size product because the tube is thick and quite large, but much to my surprise, there’s really not much product in it. Anyway, I’m impressed with this highlighter. First, it’s so easy to use. Just swipe and blend, then you’re set. Second, I love the soft pearl shade because it doesn’t look over the top. Third, the creamy formulation is so easy to work around the face. So far, there’s only one shade and one size of this particular highlighter. I would love to see more colors in the future because I really like this product. It’s $23 for 0.21 oz.
- OleHenriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator – A heaven-sent menthol-scented moisturizer that’s perfect for anybody with an oily skin or prone to it, like yours truly. It’s also good for any skin type and it really works very well to control the oil. In fact, it keeps my skin mattified for 6-8 hours. I love this already, I swear. It’s also very lightweight and feels very refreshing. Love the eucalyptus coolness on my face whenever I put this on. Also, this doesn’t dry my skin, but just well-balanced and prevents my makeup from melting. Comes in 1.7 oz for $34.
- Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Marine Boosting Mist – I may have discovered another great face mist. Yep, it’s this one. It was love at first spray, though the spray seems to deliver large mists, but I am so in love with the scent of this product. It’s so irresistible, like a fresh tangerine or citrus. It smells just like Tarte Drink of H20 Hydrating Boost Moisturizer which I also like a lot. This mist is very hydrating and very refreshing. I can see myself using this for the winter and also this coming summer. 2-3 sprays give a long lasting effect and my face looks refreshed and glowy. It can also be used as a primer and a setting spray. I just love how versatile this mist is, plus it’s vegan. Available in 2 sizes; 1.01 oz for $12 and 2.5 oz for $25.
Verdict: I love all these samples that I’ve tried, though I might skip on the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water. I will definitely purchase the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight, OleHenriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator, and Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Marine Boosting Mist in full sizes.
Have you tried any of these samples yet?
Follow on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff