The Sephora Beauty Insider Event is still ongoing and I would like to share my wishlist and recommendations for this Spring 2019 sale. For those who are Rouge Members, you’ll get 20% OFF which already started last April 26 and will last ’till May 6th. VIB Members will get 15% OFF starting today May 2nd until May 6th. BI Members will also get 10%OFF today until the 6th of May. The sale is valid both in-store and online purchases with the code HEYROUGE (Rouge Members), HEY VIB (VIB), or HEYINSIDER (Insider Members).
For this season’s sale, I couldn’t make up my mind completely as to which products I wanted to buy. I know I have a folder for my beauty and skincare wishlist but honestly, I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t been quite ready for this sale. Also, I’m kind of in a low-buy mood so I feel like I still need some time to decide which products I really want. Anyhow, I eventually picked up some items from my wishlist folder and I’m sharing them with you guys today. I’m also recommending you some products that I love and have been loving lately in my recs list below. If any product/products will come to my mind before this sale is over, I will update this list and will keep you guys posted.
Here now are some of the items on my wishlist. Take note though that I’ve already started purchasing some of them and will be here in my residence soon.
1. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation (1 oz: $47) – I know I’ve used this foundation before and really loved it, but I kinda got distracted with my other foundations lately that I’ve forgotten how good this product is. So, when I got a sample of this a few weeks ago, I then realized that this is such an amazing foundation to have. However, I still don’t quite know which shade of this truly matches my skintone, so I will have to purchase this in-store.
2. Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser (2 oz: $10, 8 oz: $36, 16 oz: $54) – I already tried a sample of this lately and I really loved it. It’s got a nice fresh, light, earthy scent and it doesn’t irritate the skin because it’s made of clean ingredients. It also foams and cleanses well.
3. Ouai Treatment Masque (3.4 oz: $32) – I’ve been obsessed with Ouai haircare lately (read the review HERE) and have been curious about this product, as well as the Finishing Creme ever since loving the Ouai Air Dry Foam which really made my hair soft. I heard good things about this product which also makes the hair soft, smooth, and easy to manage. Will definitely be trying this.
4. Tocca Capri Candle (10 oz: $42) – I smelled this at my local Sephora and its light grapefruit melon scent registered to me. It also has a nice Mediterranean scent vibe to it which is really interesting. I already ordered this a few days ago and it’s about to arrive here soon, yay!
5. Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – I was planning to skip this palette as I’ve been feeling like most Urban Decay palettes haven’t been that pigmented lately. After already trying some other eyeshadow palettes, I felt like there were eyeshadow options out there that could give a nice color payoff to the lids compared to this UD one, especially if you invest in high-end products like the Pat McGrath Bronze Seduction eyeshadow (reviewed HERE), or the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 (swatched HERE). Yet after seeing this particular palette in-store, I thought the color scheme is really beautiful and perfect for this Spring and Summer season. And since I’m a sucker for beautiful neutral eyeshadows, I caved in and ordered this as well. So let’s see whether I’ll like this or not. Will keep you posted.
6. Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray (1.6 oz: $11, 5.4 oz: $28) – I have a serious obsession with texturizing hair sprays lately and I’ve heard good things about this product, especially its amazing scent. So we’ll see.
7. Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm (0.12 oz: $10) – This is the next best thing (if not the same) to the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm which I absolutely love but it’s too costly for its size. I love this a lot and it lasts a long time compared to the DE one. It’s also very moisturizing while being lightweight and non-sticky at the same time, and it doesn’t cost as much as the DE Lippe Balm. I just purchased several of this to stock in my vanity.
8. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo (2 oz: $13, 5.4 oz: $28) – I’ve been looking for an alternative to my Pantene Charcoal Haircare (reviewed HERE) and this caught my eye. I’ve been wondering if this is better than the Pantene ones or not. It’s always a good practice to rid your hair of product buildup at least once a week, so a clarifying shampoo like this would definitely be a good help. Will let you guys know whether this will work for me or not.
9. Milk Make Hydro Grip Primer (0.33 oz: $15, 1.52 oz: $30) – This product got my curiosity, although I’m still not quite sure whether I should change my primer now or not. I do know that I am considering trying a more lightweight primer and I’m wondering if this fits the bill. We shall see.
The products I’m recommending below are some of the items I’ve been loving lately, although, I will be publishing a separate post soon featuring the makeup and skincare products I’ve been loving and using as of the moment, so stay tuned for that. Here now are the ones I recommend to you guys.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick (0.24 oz: $34) – If you want your lips to look full and your lip lines filled, then you’ve got to try this mattifying liquid lipstick (some swatches HERE). I love this product a lot even nowadays and I’m planning to get another shade soon called “Too Bad I’m Bad”. So this is not just a rec item, it’s also part of my wishlist.
2. Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 (5 x 0.08 oz: $48) – Love this for the lasting pigment and the versatility of the shades. Try the #2 palette for an everyday warm rosy neutral look. Some other shades were reviewed and swatched HERE
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner (5.4 oz: $76) – Summer’s almost here and I need to look lit-from-within. This always gives a nice natural radiant glow, and it’s very gentle and very nourishing to the skin. The effect of this toner might take a while, but once it does, you’ll definitely love the skin you’re in.
4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder (2.8 oz: $15, 7.3 oz: $29) – Love this for that mega volume effect on the hair. It works for just about any hair type, and it definitely works for my fine hair. I don’t know what else is in this product but it works wonders and it adds customizable drama to the hair, you just have to twist the nozzle accordingly to your volume preference.
5. Giorgio Armani Neo Nude Fusion Powder (0.12 oz: $58) – This is an absolutely wonderful radiant setting powder, and it sets any type of foundation especially the matte ones so they won’t look so cakey and dry. This gives a nice subtle glow to the skin and can be worn alone or as a setting powder. Read the detailed review HERE.
6. Pat McGrath Labs FetishEyes Mascara (0.27 oz: $28) – This literally gave me a love at first application experience. It truly lengthens and volumizes every lash strand even if you don’t have a lot of lashes to begin with. It gives your eye makeup some drama, definition, and it won’t smudge. This will be featured in my loving right now products soon. So, stay tuned for it.
7. Ouai Air Dry Foam (4 oz: $28) – I raved about this in my previous Ouai Haircare review, seen HERE. This is my most beloved Ouai Haircare product so far, and I love how this softens my hair whenever I air dry it. The scent is light and it really conditions and manages my hair beautifully.
8. Viktor&Rolf Magic Liquid Diamonds (0.30 oz: $34, 2.5 oz: $145) – I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get over the wonderful dreamy scent of this. Some folks say this smells like Clean Fresh Laundry, but I think this is way better than Clean Fresh Laundry, and if this smells like fresh laundry, then this is the best damn fresh laundry scent I’ve ever sniffed and tried. This has several fresh floral notes that take its scent to a whole different level. Read more about this fragrance HERE.
9. Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion (1.7 oz: $42) – This is still my go-to for acne treatment and prevention, especially when my pimples threaten to wreak havoc on my skin. This has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide which really works to prevent and treat zits, and it doesn’t dry the skin, unlike some other Benzoyl Peroxide creams I’ve tried before. Also, this sets onto the skin immediately and it leaves no sticky residue.
Are you shopping the Sephora Spring Bonus Beauty Insider Event? What’s on your list? Any products you want to recommend?