I recently updated my travel makeup brushes which were made by Sephora a few years ago. There were those mini red-handle brushes that came with a tiny red pouch, which is no longer sold in Sephora website nowadays. They were good brushes and they served their purpose. But they were getting old, so it’s time to purchase a new one. Now I got these Sephora Collection Mini Deluxe Charcoal Antibacterial Brush Set for $42, which is a $105 value according to Sephora. I was drawn to these brushes because I needed something really lightweight, tiny and easy to carry makeup brushes for my travels.
These Sephora Mini Deluxe Charcoal Antibacterial Brushes are the compact version of the Sephora Deluxe Charcoal Antibacterial Brush Set which are full-size brushes that retails for $62. I preferred the minis because I have small hands and sometimes I tend to bump my brushes against the vanity mirror due my nearsightedness. It’s hard to be myopic, ya know.
There are 6 brushes in this Sephora Mini Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set. Each brush is around 3.7 to 4 inches tall, and each brush fiber is infused with charcoal for hygienic purposes. The entire brush set is housed in a compact and bi-fold wallet-looking pouch. Which is cute and practical to carry around.
- Large Foundation Brush – A wide facial brush that really works better for applying liquid foundations because it’s dense and flat. I would have wanted it to be poofy so that it’ll also work with powder foundations, but since I use my liquid foundations a lot, well, I think this will be good enough.
- Precision Sweep Brush – Love this brush a lot for contouring and strobing.
- Angled Blush Brush – Great for applying blushes and could double as an overall face brush or for powder foundations.
- Angled Concealer Brush – Very practical for under-eye concealing application or for covering blemishes. I love the angled-shape of this concealer brush a lot.
- All Over Shadow Brush – Dome-shaped brush for packing colors on the lid, though the fibers are a bit long and may be tricky to apply for small eyes.
- Angled Liner Brush – Great for eyeliner and eyebrow application.
The charcoal-infused fiber of these Sephora Collection Mini Deluxe Antibacterial Brushes is also one of the reason why I was attracted to these brushes. I love the hygienic idea of these brushes and they’re REALLY soft even though they’re 100% synthetic fibers. A lot of people complained that these brushes stink. I also thought so at the beginning and noticed the funky smell. Well, apparently, as I sniffed each individual brush, I realized that they don’t stink at all. No it’s not the charcoal, it’s the carrying pouch that smells like fish or some may say dead rat? Hehehe, probably not that exaggerated, but yeah, the pouch of these brushes slightly stinks. I wish Sephora sprinkled it with some charcoal too. But you can always put these brushes in another container, so don’t worry ‘bout a thing, ‘cause every little thing gonna be all right…
These Sephora Collection Mini Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set is available at http://www.sephora.com
and its full-size travel brush-set cousin is also available HERE.
Have you tried these brushes? If you, did you have the same observation as mine? What’s your favorite travel brush-set?
Follow me on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff