Hey it’s January 2017 and it’s Sephora Play time! This first month of the year’s box is hands down probably the best Sephora Play box I’ve ever received, and I’ve heard that others are also singing the same tune.
What I like about this month’s items are the fact that they’re completely new to me and that the products came in decent sizes. They also seem to be unique and exciting to try. With this month’s theme: Sweat Is Just Another Way To Glow, this January 2017 Sephora Play contents are meant to freshen you up pre or post workout. Yet the products can also be very versatile for anybody who’s always on the go.
- Tarte Frxxxtion Stick: A very interesting and unique cleanser stick with a dark purple/charcoal-like color. It has a gel-like grainy consistency that you can swipe directly onto wet/damp skin, then massage, lather and rinse the face for that well-cleaned skin. You can even use it as a facial mask. Don’t worry, the clayish color will completely wash away after thorough cleansing. Ain’t that a keeper?
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Spf 50+ (Medium): A medium to full coverage makeup foundation with broad spectrum Spf plus some skin-loving ingredients. It can be used as a moisturizer, a serum or even as a tinted sunscreen. Personally, I find this to be quite similar to Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, especially the scent. This cc cream indeed has very good coverage, very moisturizing, and doesn’t settle into fine lines. It also makes the skin look glowy and the medium shade is the exact match for my skin tone. Will definitely be buying this in a full size.
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: This whipped-consistency moisturizer is made of 6 African oils. It is very hydrating but it smells a bit like the noodle in ramen noodle, sans seasoning.
- Tory Burch Love Relentlessly Perfume: A floral scent that you can’t get enough of. It is flirty, fun, feminine, fresh and tender. It has slight traces of patchouli and some other stuff, but why do I feel like I’ve sniffed this type of scent before? Perhaps Viktor and Rolf’s Flowerbomb?
- Ouai Treatment Masque: A completely unique hair mask that you need to apply and leave on your hair for 5-10 minutes before showering. It restores moisture and is meant to prevent future hair damage. The problem is, judging from the size of the container I got and the amount of contents inside it, I couldn’t really tell the difference. There is about 1/4 of product inside the container and its consistency feels somewhat watery. On top of that, my hair is very long, but this mask worked decently on me. My hair was neither too oily nor too dry.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick (Black Honey): Almost a lipstick but not quite like it yet. It’s more of a lip sheer or a tinted lip balm, reminiscent of YSL Rouge Volupte Oil in Stick 48 Smoking Plum, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bonheur and Dior Rouge Baume. I really like the texture of this “almost lipstick” because it feels smooth on the lips and is also very lightweight. P.S. I love the Black Honey shade.
I really wish that next month’s box will be just as good as these. Fingers crossed. How ’bout you? Have you gotten your Sephora Play box already? What’s in it? Spill…
Checkout my Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff