Hi There! Here now are the contents of my Sephora Play March 2017 issue, and I gotta say, I really like this month’s products, even though it took a while for my box to arrive as usual. This month’s theme is really cute, it’s called “Glow Your Own Way.” Hmmm, sounds like a song, and obviously, this month’s featured products are all about highlighters, illuminators and strobes. The stuff that makes the skin look glowy, dewy, healthy, radiant and luminous. Oh my, I love it already. I’m crazy about highlighters and anything that highlights the face, and I think we all do, so this is gonna be another good season for strobing.
Here are the products:
- Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter: Been wanting to buy this one, but thank God for Sephora Play! now I could enjoy a mini size for a while because there’s a lot of product in this small container. The shade is a gold-champagne tone that’s universally flattering for all skin tone, and I love how easy it is to use due to its stick-style. Just swipe on the bony prominences of the face, like the cheekbones, nose, brow bones etc., then blend with your finger or a beauty blender. Perfect. The glow is soft, natural, long lasting and really illuminating.
- Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm: Have tried several samples of this particular product before. While it never really gave me real benefits and wasn’t really crazy about this product, this finishing balm is meant to be used either before or after makeup application. Before, meaning as a primer, and after as a luminizing finisher. I never really used this a finisher, since it seems to disrupt my makeup’s setting, so I’ve always used this as a primer/moisturizer only.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Original: My all-time favorite eyeshadow primer and the one I still use even until now. I’ve tried other eyeshadow primers before, but I always come back to this one because this holds your eyeshadow very well and it never creases. It now comes in different formulations and colors, but the original formula is a cult-favorite.
- Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer: A Glotion by definition, hmmm. Glow Lotion indeed, this is a cotton-candy/bubble gum scented luminizing moisturizer that gives a subtle glow on the face. It’s creamy and hydrating plus with some added skin care benefits. However, this may not be ideal for anybody with an oily skin, since this product will further enhance an oil-prone skin within a few hours of use. Also, you may have to go easy on your strobing while using this.
- Atelier Cologne Clémentine California Cologne: With incredible notes of clementine, mandarin and juniper berries, this sweet and fruity scent is both haunting, fascinating and mysterious. It sparks curiosity, innocence and freshness. This scent will make you wanna sing Lana Del Rey’s Summertime Sadness or reminisce on La La Land’s Someone In The Crowd. It may even haunt you for that once in a lifetime chance encounter. As what Atelier Cologne describes “It was the warmest summer on record…he had been searching for her for months. This perfect stranger with her fragile and elegant silhouette… About to give up, the moment came when it all changed, the woman he had been dreaming of. Her natural beauty and distinct voice…he now had to convince her to change the course of her life…” Oh my, can’t say much, I’m already in love with this cologne. Expect me to hoard this scent for life, I’m already sold.
- Verb Ghost Oil: A Moringa seed oil blended with bamboo extracts and some other added hair care benefits, this oil helps to condition, smooth or tame frizzy hair, and gives shine. Apply a few drops after showering and it’s great for preparing the hair prior to any styling. If you tend to have oily hair, you may skip on this as this can weigh your hair down at the end of the day.
Bottom line, I’m happy with this month’s products and my favorites are; Atelier Cologne Clémentine California Cologne, Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter, and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Original. I hope April’s Box will be as good, if not better.
Until then guys,
Follow me on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff
P.S. Third song of the week: Maria, by Blondie.