Hello! This month’s Sephora Play! Box has been pretty exciting with its “Beauty On The Rise” products. A couple of new and interesting brands, a cult-favorite, and some really unique formulations of products were included in my box. There’s a highlighter, a few lip products and another mysteriously featured scent. There’s even a hair care and skin care in there. Hmmm, this is definitely one of the most exciting box I have ever received. Oh, and also, the products didn’t come in a cute pouch this time, instead, it came in a cute transparent envelope marked with the words “Play” on it. A different take on the usual Sephora Play! pouch bags. Hmmm, Interesting…
1. Grande Lips Lip Plumper in Clear – Gone were the days when you can just purchase a Grande Latte, now you can definitely purchase a Grande Lips, Hahah! This clear lip gloss can be worn alone or under a lip product with the promise of plumping your lips with regular usage. It has hyaluronic acid to soften the lips as well. While I haven’t noticed the plumping effect, I did feel the stinging feeling on my lips once this product was applied, which is quite similar to Too Faced Lip Injection. I’m not really a fan of the tingly sensation on my lips, I feel like I’m having that bee-stung allergic lip reaction, but I do get the intention and effect of making the lips feel and look full.
2. Trèstique Highlight + Perfect Multipurpose Stick in Maldives Luminescent – I love this gel highlighter a lot, and I now love Trèstique. This multitasking product can be used to add a subtle or layered glow on the face, or it can be used as a shimmery eyeshadow. I like its soft smooth texture the Maldives Shade is just perfect for daily use.
3. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt – Don’t be mistaken by thinking that this product is a body scrub like I did, because I almost used it as one. That’s what happens if you don’t read the instruction. You will always fail the test. LOL. This is a product for the hair and it’s more like a shampoo, or should I say, a hair scrub. Designed for oily hair or dandruff-prone scalp, this hair care product smells divine. Slightly lemon-ish and slightly perfumey, this feels really good on the hair and the scalp. Best of all, it didn’t leave my hair dry and I like that this foams very well, making my hair feeling so clean. A little bit goes a long way and follow it with your favorite conditioner. I love this product much already.
4. Maison Margiela ‘Replica’ Beach Walk Eau de Toilette Spray – With bergamot, ylang ylang, pink pepper and cedarwood, this is a light musky scent. I’m normally not a fan of musky fragrances but this one is especially pleasing to the senses. It’s light enough for day time wear and even though it smells like a thousand jasmines, this scent is bearable enough for me and it’s not too heady.
5. Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Greystone – Another new formula and new brand for me. It’s supposed to be a lip stain, a lip color, and a lip liner in one. The pigment is so rich in this interesting lip color. It’s also very long lasting that it almost didn’t budge when I first tried to take it off. Hmmm, it’s another surprise love for me, though I didn’t really like the Greystone shade, but I’ll be off looking for some wearable shades of this very very promising lip product.
6. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser – Apparently a fave in the fashion industry, this greenish clay cleanser is meant to minimize pores and balance the skin. It smells slightly spicy and earthy at the same time, but not clayish at all. It also has a hint of neroli and is actually quite refreshing. It cleanses my face well, but it doesn’t lather much. I usually leave it on my face for one minute as instructed and complement it with another face cleanser whenever I feel like I needed more cleansing.
Bottom line, I enjoyed this month’s Sephora Play! box contents. Never knew I’d like Replica scents, while now I know that I’ll be on the lookout for other Christophe Robin and Sunday Riley Products. I have my eyes set on more shades of the Nudestix Lip Colors for sure and perhaps a full size of the Trèstique Hightlighter + Multupurpose Stick.
What’s your fave from this month’s Sephora Play! goodies?
For more, follow on instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff