Trick or Treat! Hey guys Happy Halloween! Before we end this month, I’d like to share with you my Sephora Play October Box contents. For the life of me, I don’t know why it took so long for this particular box to arrive. But better “almost late” than never, right? Anyways, this month’s box is themed “The Cool Cut” or “The Shades of Cool.” It’s all about the next big thing, the next cool product to watch for.
At first, I wasn’t sure about the contents that I got from this month’s box. I was a bit confused as to what they are, what they’re meant to be, and to be honest, I was expecting more lipsticks and more makeups, but I realize that it’s all about skincare, or at least that was my first impression.
- BLINC. Mascara Amplified – Meant to be water-resistant and easy to remove mascara that won’t smudge or flake. For me, this feels like any other good mascara, the applications was easy, separated my lashes fairly well, non-clumpy, but it didn’t add volume. It’s indeed easy to remove as claimed. FYI: the packaging takes a lot of patience to open. Wink!
- CHRISTOPHE ROBIN – Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil. A hair mask that’s meant to strengthen your hair and enhances its color. At first, I really thought that this was a facial moisturizer, I guess because of its packaging and its delightful baby powder scent. But thank god I stopped myself and read the instructions. Apparently, it’s a mask that you apply on your hair right after shampooing. Then leave it on for a while and rinse. The result is tamed and relaxed-looking gorgeous hair. I love this!
- SKIN INC. Pure Revival Peel – A non-abrasive gentle peel from Japan. I wasn’t so sure about this at first as well. I thought this was still gonna be harsh as a peel, but since I’ve tried it, I’m definitely hooked. Just apply a bit on your skin, leave it for 10 seconds, massage in circular motion and voila! I literally saw tiny pieces of my dead skin sloughing gently. It does a really great job at exfoliating and can be used 2-3 x per week. I highly recommend this.
- YVES SAINT LAURENT. Mon Paris – A fruity-floral fragrance that reminds me of those concoction of scents you’d smell every time you enter a Sephora. 🙂 I lurve it!
- BELIF. The True Cream Aqua Bomb – Dry skin rejoice! this lightweight gel-cream moisturizer from Korea has the right kind of thickness that delivers extreme hydration to skin. So good for this dropping temps. It can also work as a mask. I really like this moisturizer’s formulation, and I’m thinking of getting its full size.
- SMASHBOX. Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat – Reviewed HERE.
Verdict: I thought I wasn’t gonna like this month’s Sephora Play box, but I was wrong. It’s nice to learn, try and see new and innovative products each month, and it’s also very interesting to see what other brands of skin care can offer nowadays. For this month’s box, my likes are: Christophe Robin’s Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Seed Oil, Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel, and Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. Oh and add YSL’s Mon Paris Perfume.
Alright guys, HAPPY HALLOWEEN again! Trick or Treat! Chicken Feet!
Bye October, Hello November!
Follow on instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff