Ever since I reviewed the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick (first part seen HERE), I’ve been constantly reaching for it because there’s just something about this lipstick that makes me love it so much. Not sure what it is exactly. It must be the texture or the finish, or it could be its gorgeous shades or simply the fact that it kind of reminds me of one of my favorite comfortable liquid matte lipsticks, the Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet (seen HERE).
Regardless of whether it’s the glam packaging or the unique brush, the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick (0.24 oz: $34) simply makes the lips look full and dramatic. At first, it starts thickly whipped and velvety upon application, and though it may take some time for it to reach its ideal matte finish, you will find that once it does, then it becomes this comfortable lightweight non-drying soft-focus matte lip color. It has very minimal transfer and the pigment lasts for several hours.
I really like the way this liquid lipstick looks on me, and since I use it a lot, I went on to purchase three more shades. The plan was to get one more shade only, which is “Too Bad I’m Bad” but heck, I needed lighter shades for this Spring and Summer, so I went ahead and got two more. See the shades and swatches below.
Rising Star – Nude Pink. I was worried about this shade at first, thinking this might may me look too pale or too washed-out. But it actually didn’t. It’s one of those perfect everyday nude matte lip colors and it looks even better under the sun.
Pin Up Pink – Coral Pink. This shade gave me mixed feelings at first. I like its bright pink coral/neon-ish tone, but I was worried that it might look too funky on me. At first swipe, it kinda does, but as soon as it sets, the color becomes more diffused and really wearable. It’s definitely a shade for bright clear skies.
Too Bad I’m Bad – Warm Rosy Pink. If I love the Show Girl shade for Fall (seen HERE), then I’m definitely in love with this color for Spring and Summer. It suits well for my skin tone and it gives a nice pop of rosy pinkish-red on the lips.
Bottom line, these lipsticks can make you look put-together really quick and the quality is superb.
The Sephora Beauty Insider Event is still ongoing and I would like to share my wishlist and recommendations for this Spring 2019 sale. For those who are Rouge Members, you’ll get 20% OFF which already started last April 26 and will last ’till May 6th. VIB Members will get 15% OFF starting today May 2nd until May 6th. BI Members will also get 10%OFFtoday until the 6th of May. The sale is valid both in-store and online purchases with the code HEYROUGE (Rouge Members), HEY VIB (VIB), or HEYINSIDER (Insider Members).
For this season’s sale, I couldn’t make up my mind completely as to which products I’m interested in. I know I have a folder for my beauty and skincare wishlist but honestly, I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t been quite ready for this sale. Also, I feel like I still need some time to decide which products I really want. Anyhow, I eventually picked up some items from my wishlist folder and I’m sharing them with you guys today. I’m also recommending you some products that I love and have been loving lately in my recs list below. If any product/products will come to my mind before this sale is over, I will update this list and will keep you guys posted.
Here now are some of the items on my wishlist.
1. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation (1 oz: $47) – I know I’ve used this foundation before and really loved it, but I kinda got distracted with my other foundations lately that I’ve forgotten how good this product is. So, when I got a sample of this a few weeks ago, I then realized that this is such an amazing foundation to have. However, I still don’t quite know which shade of this truly matches my skintone, so I will have to try this in-store.
3. Ouai Treatment Masque (3.4 oz: $32) – I’ve been obsessed with Ouai haircare lately (read the review HERE) and have been curious about this product, as well as the Finishing Creme ever since loving the Ouai Air Dry Foam which really made my hair soft. I heard good things about this product which also makes the hair smooth and easy to manage. Will definitely be trying this.
4. Tocca Capri Candle (10 oz: $42) – I smelled this at my local Sephora and its light grapefruit melon scent registered to me. It also has a nice Mediterranean scent vibe to it which is really interesting.
5. Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – I was planning to skip this palette as I’ve been feeling like most Urban Decay palettes haven’t been that pigmented lately. After already trying some other eyeshadow palettes, I felt like there were eyeshadow options out there that could give a nice color payoff to the lids compared to this UD one, especially if you invest in high-end products like the Pat McGrath Bronze Seduction eyeshadow (reviewed HERE), or the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 (swatched HERE). Yet after seeing this particular palette in-store, I thought the color scheme is really beautiful and perfect for this Spring and Summer season. And since I’m a sucker for beautiful neutral eyeshadows, I caved in. Let’s see whether I’ll like this or not. Will keep you posted.
7. Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm (0.12 oz: $10)– This is the next best thing (if not the same) to the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm which I absolutely love but it’s too costly for its size. I love this a lot and it lasts a long time compared to the DE one. It’s also very moisturizing while being lightweight and non-sticky at the same time, and it doesn’t cost as much as the DE Lippe Balm. I just purchased several of this to stock in my vanity.
The products I’m recommending below are some of the items I’ve been loving lately, although, I will be publishing a separate post soon featuring the makeup and skincare products I’ve been loving and using as of the moment, so stay tuned for that. Here now are the ones I recommend to you guys.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick (0.24 oz: $34) – If you want your lips to look full and your lip lines filled, then you’ve got to try this mattifying liquid lipstick (some swatches HERE). I love this product a lot even nowadays and I’m planning to get another shade soon called “Too Bad I’m Bad”. So this is not just a rec item, it’s also part of my wishlist.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner (5.4 oz: $76) – Summer’s almost here and there’s a trend to look lit-from-within. This always gives a nice natural radiant glow, and it’s very gentle and very nourishing to the skin. The effect of this toner might take a while, but once it does, you’ll definitely love the skin you’re in.
4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder (2.8 oz: $15, 7.3 oz: $29) – Love this for that mega volume effect on the hair. It works for just about any hair type, and it definitely works for my fine hair. I don’t know what else is in this product but it works wonders and it adds customizable drama to the hair, you just have to twist the nozzle accordingly to your volume preference.
5. Giorgio Armani Neo Nude Fusion Powder (0.12 oz: $58) – This is an absolutely wonderful radiant setting powder, and it sets any type of foundation especially the matte ones so they won’t look so cakey and dry. This gives a nice subtle glow to the skin and can be worn alone or as a setting powder. Read the detailed review HERE.
6. Pat McGrath Labs FetishEyes Mascara (0.27 oz: $28) – This literally gave me a love at first application experience. It truly lengthens and volumizes every lash strand even if you don’t have a lot of lashes to begin with. It gives your eye makeup some drama, definition, and it won’t smudge. This will be featured in my loving right now products soon. So, stay tuned for it.
7. Ouai Air Dry Foam (4 oz: $28) – I raved about this in my previous Ouai Haircare review, seen HERE. This is my most beloved Ouai Haircare product so far, and I love how this softens my hair whenever I air dry it. The scent is light and it really conditions and manages my hair beautifully.
8. Viktor&Rolf Magic Liquid Diamonds (0.30 oz: $34, 2.5 oz: $145) – I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get over the wonderful dreamy scent of this. Some folks say this smells like Clean Fresh Laundry, but I think this is way better than Clean Fresh Laundry, and if this smells like fresh laundry, then this is the best fresh laundry scent I’ve ever sniffed and tried. This has several fresh floral notes that take its scent to a whole different level. Read more about this fragrance HERE.
9. Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion (1.7 oz: $42) – This is still my go-to for acne treatment and prevention, especially when my pimples threaten to wreak havoc on my skin. This has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide which really works to prevent and treat zits, and it doesn’t dry the skin, unlike some other Benzoyl Peroxide creams I’ve tried before. Also, this sets onto the skin immediately and it leaves no sticky residue.
Are you shopping the Sephora Spring Bonus Beauty Insider Event? What’s on your list? Any products you want to recommend?
Hi everyone, last year, I took a very short trip to Chicago for a little R&R plus some important business/errand thing to do. I love Chicago even if I haven’t really explored the city that well, but I like the whole vibe of just being there. The city’s energy and the fast pace of life are just really exciting. I’ve been to the windy city several times before, but whenever I’m around, I always make it a point to visit Michigan Avenue. It’s always nice to see some mid to high-end shopping stores that you may not get in your local hometown, plus there are lots of restaurants to try, museums, and hotels to stay in, not to mention the beauty and vibrance of just strolling along Michigan Avenue and Chicago River. Lots of people, lots of busy friendly faces.
Speaking of the hotel, this time I stayed at The Langham Chicago. This hotel is Gorgeous with a capital G. LOL. It’s elegant, clean, stylish, and just simply pretty. It’s one of the best hotels I’ve ever been in terms of design, room, space, service, accessibility, and location. I noticed that the hotel has an affinity for something pink. From the lobby down to my room, I saw accents of pastel pinks or what they call Langham Pink all over. Imagine the excitement of seeing beautiful pink roses in round vases, pink tablecloths, pink ribbons, pink hangers and there’s even a pink vintage taxi parked outside the hotel which is so cute. I also love that the hotel has a sleek design but it doesn’t look or feel uppity. Instead, it makes it look cozy and comfy while being posh at the same time. Their customer service is superb and you can feel like your needs are being assisted and addressed in a timely manner.
My room had a really nice view in which I could see the Chicago River, a few skyrises, and the impressive 19-story spiral ramped Marina City parking garage. It’s also very clean and the bed is super comfy. The bathroom is really nice with marble countertops and glass doors. The wall close to the bathtub which adjoins the bedroom can be adjusted to make it opaque or transparent so that you could see the bed on the other side. This is probably to let in more light or to see the view on the other side. There’s also a convenient little vanity area close to the dresser which is nice because I could put all my makeup in there and get ready for the day easily.
Most of the skincare and beauty products I took with me are travel sizes or sample sizes that are only good for a few days. I pretty much took one pouch for stuff I mostly need and would reach for during the trip, I keep this pouch with me at all times, whether I’m on the plane or out and about. What’s inside this pouch is just a bunch of little stuff like a small hand cream, a favorite travel-size scent, a tiny face mist, etc.
Then, I also have a third pouch for my basic makeup needs. I try not to wear a lot of makeup on my trips, especially whenever I plan to walk a lot or in instances where I could sweat a lot. I just like to keep it light, fresh, and somewhat natural. The ones I carried with me this time are just things that are fast and easy to use like a beauty blender (not pictured here) and its cleanser, an eyeshadow brush (also not pictured), a small highlighter, a pigmented lightweight eyeshadow palette with enough shades to choose from, and a travel flat iron. I also packed a No Frizz Living Proof Shampoo and Conditioner minis with me, but I think I ended up using the ones provided by the hotel because I got lazy scavenging for my own stuff, and the hotel ones really smelled good.
I took a stroll along Chicago River and took a few snaps. I then continued my stroll towards Ulta and Sephora (of course) and just did some window shopping. I really didn’t get much during my short stay in the windy city. I know I went to Nordstrom and purchased two new matte liquid lipsticks from Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips in Show Girl and Dangerous Liaison (reviewed and swatched HERE). Adjacent to Nordstrom is The Shops at North Bridge where I went to buy caramel-filled bonbons at Vosges Haut-Chocolat. From there I decided to go to The Water Tower Place and had a snack at Wow Bao, then I continued my stroll and eventually decided to go back to the hotel after my feet got so tired. Right before going back, I decided to drop by at Neiman to drool at handbags and more makeups, lol. I was just there to daydream and imagine really. There were some other stores/shops I wanted to visit. There’s Saks and Burberry has a nice building right there, but I was too haggard already. So off I went and had a nice relaxing evening at the pink-loving hotel. I wish I stayed longer, it’s been a nice short trip but it’s worth it. Surely when I come back I already know where to stay.