Ever since having tried and being impressed at the YTTP Superfood Cleanser, I felt like I needed to check out what other products this brand offers. It seems like Youth To The People (interesting name, huh?) is one of those brands that does clean skincare very very well and is also very innovative at it. Therefore, I decided that the best way to get a first impression of some of their bestsellers is to try their limited edition The Youth Minis Kit (48 USD).
This kit contains five of YTTP’s favorites/bestsellers, and they are made with the concept of being vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free and overall made of clean ingredients. Speaking of ingredients, these products are mostly based on our superfoods, so they’re great for all skin types. Also, the minis in this kit come in clear glass packagings that are recyclable and I love their minimalistic/simplistic design.
Here now are my thoughts about these products.Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser: This cleanser is the first I’ve tried from YTTP. I’ve got several samples of this a couple of months ago and had enjoyed it so much. It’s one of those cleansers that you know you’re going to keep as soon as you first lather it on your face. One of my first impressions of it was the fact that it smells soooo good, so clean, and it just feels so nice. It’s got a good blend of kale and spinach that smells vegan and fresh. It’s so lightweight and it foams well, so it feels overall clean on the skin. It won’t strip any of the natural oil on the face, so no worries about being very drying at all. My oily-prone skin loves this and I’m sure anybody can use this. I think this cleanser should be a keeper.
Superberry Hydrate + Glow Oil: This oil also smells divine. Like fresh sweet berries you just can’t get enough of. It isn’t sticky and it doesn’t feel heavy on the face. It actually feels more like a dry oil and just a few drops of this can give you that instant glow from within. Also, this doesn’t irritate my skin and I love to apply this either at night or in the morning to lock in skin moisture.
Superfood Hyaluronic Acid (Air-Whip) Moisturizer: This has a nice, fresh, light scent that is quite similar to the YTTP Superfood Cleanser. This moisturizer may be light but it packs on moisture. My skin absorbs this easily and it keeps it moisturized all throughout the day. I never had any irritation issue with this so far, like some reviewers mentioned. I do think that this is a very nice option as an everyday face moisturizer.
Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream: With Ashwagandha and Reishi as some of its ingredients, this cream is meant to calm and soothe sensitive or irritated skin, while delivering intense moisture at the same time. Upon my first impression, I did notice that this cream does not have any scent and it does feel very creamy on the skin. I feel like I could also use this cream everyday or I could use this whenever my skin suffers a breakout or any irritation.
Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask: This is probably my second or could be third (Glow Oil) favorite product from YTTP. This mask contains antioxidants and Vitamin C as some of its main ingredients and it smells really really good, apart from being so creamy and moisturizing. This coats the skin and makes it feel smooth, well-hydrated, and plump. This works best if used overnight and I must tell you, this yellow-toned moisture-rich cream is so addicting to use.
Overall, I feel like I could switch most of my favorite skincare products to this line. YTTP really makes clean skincare products that work great for all skin types, and since clean skincare seems to be the thing nowadays (which is really what we should all be going for hopefully), I believe you guys should really try something from this brand, if you haven’t already.
Are you into clean skincare as well?
This Youth to the People Minis Kit is currently available at Sephora
The Sephora Beauty Insider Event is still ongoing and I would like to share my wishlist and recommendations for this Spring 2019 sale. For those who are Rouge Members, you’ll get 20% OFF which already started last April 26 and will last ’till May 6th. VIB Members will get 15% OFF starting today May 2nd until May 6th. BI Members will also get 10%OFFtoday until the 6th of May. The sale is valid both in-store and online purchases with the code HEYROUGE (Rouge Members), HEY VIB (VIB), or HEYINSIDER (Insider Members).
For this season’s sale, I couldn’t make up my mind completely as to which products I’m interested in. I know I have a folder for my beauty and skincare wishlist but honestly, I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t been quite ready for this sale. Also, I feel like I still need some time to decide which products I really want. Anyhow, I eventually picked up some items from my wishlist folder and I’m sharing them with you guys today. I’m also recommending you some products that I love and have been loving lately in my recs list below. If any product/products will come to my mind before this sale is over, I will update this list and will keep you guys posted.
Here now are some of the items on my wishlist.
1. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation (1 oz: $47) – I know I’ve used this foundation before and really loved it, but I kinda got distracted with my other foundations lately that I’ve forgotten how good this product is. So, when I got a sample of this a few weeks ago, I then realized that this is such an amazing foundation to have. However, I still don’t quite know which shade of this truly matches my skintone, so I will have to try this in-store.
3. Ouai Treatment Masque (3.4 oz: $32) – I’ve been obsessed with Ouai haircare lately (read the review HERE) and have been curious about this product, as well as the Finishing Creme ever since loving the Ouai Air Dry Foam which really made my hair soft. I heard good things about this product which also makes the hair smooth and easy to manage. Will definitely be trying this.
4. Tocca Capri Candle (10 oz: $42) – I smelled this at my local Sephora and its light grapefruit melon scent registered to me. It also has a nice Mediterranean scent vibe to it which is really interesting.
5. Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – I was planning to skip this palette as I’ve been feeling like most Urban Decay palettes haven’t been that pigmented lately. After already trying some other eyeshadow palettes, I felt like there were eyeshadow options out there that could give a nice color payoff to the lids compared to this UD one, especially if you invest in high-end products like the Pat McGrath Bronze Seduction eyeshadow (reviewed HERE), or the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 (swatched HERE). Yet after seeing this particular palette in-store, I thought the color scheme is really beautiful and perfect for this Spring and Summer season. And since I’m a sucker for beautiful neutral eyeshadows, I caved in. Let’s see whether I’ll like this or not. Will keep you posted.
7. Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm (0.12 oz: $10)– This is the next best thing (if not the same) to the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm which I absolutely love but it’s too costly for its size. I love this a lot and it lasts a long time compared to the DE one. It’s also very moisturizing while being lightweight and non-sticky at the same time, and it doesn’t cost as much as the DE Lippe Balm. I just purchased several of this to stock in my vanity.
The products I’m recommending below are some of the items I’ve been loving lately, although, I will be publishing a separate post soon featuring the makeup and skincare products I’ve been loving and using as of the moment, so stay tuned for that. Here now are the ones I recommend to you guys.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick (0.24 oz: $34) – If you want your lips to look full and your lip lines filled, then you’ve got to try this mattifying liquid lipstick (some swatches HERE). I love this product a lot even nowadays and I’m planning to get another shade soon called “Too Bad I’m Bad”. So this is not just a rec item, it’s also part of my wishlist.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner (5.4 oz: $76) – Summer’s almost here and there’s a trend to look lit-from-within. This always gives a nice natural radiant glow, and it’s very gentle and very nourishing to the skin. The effect of this toner might take a while, but once it does, you’ll definitely love the skin you’re in.
4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder (2.8 oz: $15, 7.3 oz: $29) – Love this for that mega volume effect on the hair. It works for just about any hair type, and it definitely works for my fine hair. I don’t know what else is in this product but it works wonders and it adds customizable drama to the hair, you just have to twist the nozzle accordingly to your volume preference.
5. Giorgio Armani Neo Nude Fusion Powder (0.12 oz: $58) – This is an absolutely wonderful radiant setting powder, and it sets any type of foundation especially the matte ones so they won’t look so cakey and dry. This gives a nice subtle glow to the skin and can be worn alone or as a setting powder. Read the detailed review HERE.
6. Pat McGrath Labs FetishEyes Mascara (0.27 oz: $28) – This literally gave me a love at first application experience. It truly lengthens and volumizes every lash strand even if you don’t have a lot of lashes to begin with. It gives your eye makeup some drama, definition, and it won’t smudge. This will be featured in my loving right now products soon. So, stay tuned for it.
7. Ouai Air Dry Foam (4 oz: $28) – I raved about this in my previous Ouai Haircare review, seen HERE. This is my most beloved Ouai Haircare product so far, and I love how this softens my hair whenever I air dry it. The scent is light and it really conditions and manages my hair beautifully.
8. Viktor&Rolf Magic Liquid Diamonds (0.30 oz: $34, 2.5 oz: $145) – I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get over the wonderful dreamy scent of this. Some folks say this smells like Clean Fresh Laundry, but I think this is way better than Clean Fresh Laundry, and if this smells like fresh laundry, then this is the best fresh laundry scent I’ve ever sniffed and tried. This has several fresh floral notes that take its scent to a whole different level. Read more about this fragrance HERE.
9. Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion (1.7 oz: $42) – This is still my go-to for acne treatment and prevention, especially when my pimples threaten to wreak havoc on my skin. This has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide which really works to prevent and treat zits, and it doesn’t dry the skin, unlike some other Benzoyl Peroxide creams I’ve tried before. Also, this sets onto the skin immediately and it leaves no sticky residue.
Are you shopping the Sephora Spring Bonus Beauty Insider Event? What’s on your list? Any products you want to recommend?