Hi Readers! Just got my Sephora Play! subscription box for this month of April and there’s a couple of interesting stuff in there, although they’re not totally impressive in my opinion. I think last month’s box was better since there were new and interesting products to try. This month’s box is themed “Step It Up”. Not sure what that really means, but probably to step up your beauty or skin care regimen. Speaking of skincare, there’s definitely a couple of skin care products thrown in for this month’s box and a few products that we are all too familiar with.
Let’s take a look.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (0.5 oz: $24, 2 oz: $85, 5 oz: $175)– This pine-scented exfoliator has micro particles and it feels sort of mild on the face, even though it’s a clinical-strength product. It has fruit enzymes and an overall great in-home exfoliator. I love it quite a lot, I think it works really well to keep my skin renewed and I didn’t break out so far. I would love to purchase this in large size soon.
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (1.69 oz: $7.50, 4.2 oz: $11, 6.76 oz: $15)– Very very similar to Clinique Take The Day Off, but a lot oilier. It does remove the eye makeup well but it also kinda burns, unlike Clinique’s. It’s meant to be a waterproof eye makeup remover with lash-strengthening vitamins but it’s hard to love this when it stings on the eyes. However, this is great as an overall waterproof makeup remover (on the face) for anyone with dry skin, and also comes in affordable price tags.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream (1.6 oz: $52) – I really like this moisturizer. It has the right amount of creaminess and it moisturizes my skin very well, even for a long time. I love that it has a combination of two great humectants; ceramides and hyaluronic acid. My face feels really smooth with this and my skin absorbs this easily. Great for use at night time as well.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette (Travel size 0.24 oz: $27, Standard size 1.7 oz; $80, 3.4 oz: $100) – A lot of us are familiar with this particular scent. I, for one loves this specific fragrance. Described as the scent closest to the very popular Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb by others, but for me this MJ Daisy is much fresher and a lot younger. I was never really a fan of the Flowerbomb scent even if I tried to love it several times, I thought it was too heavy, too sweet, and just simply didn’t work for my body chemistry. Daisy is one of my personal fave indeed. I even keep a large bottle in my vanity.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Travel size 0.50 oz: $16, Value size 1.7 oz: $49, Standard size 1.0 oz: $36) – I’m pretty sure most of us have this in our stash, right? The good ol’ legendary Smashbox Primer, always a go to and always a cult-favorite. It keeps our makeup in place and makes it last forever. I love this iconic primer before, and I still love it now. Nuff said.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner (0.04 oz for $21) – Budge-proof? Hell yeah! This eyeliner is great for waterlines, upper lids, and for cat eyes. It can even create a smudged effect but still it won’t transfer once set. I love how easy the formula glides on the skin while being mild and waterproof at the same time. Definitely a new eyeliner worth to try.
Favorites: Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner and Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream.
What’s your favorite product in this month’s Sephora Play!?
For more reviews and sneak peeks, follow me on Instagram: @reviewsandotherstuff